The 4th of July is coming up pretty darn quick, so all entertainers listen up!
Very easy and fun 4th of July centerpiece alert…..
Here is what you will need to make this centerpiece for your 4th of July celebration:
- One brick of floral foam (the kind for wet flowers) – you can use a used one if you have it, because it will not get wet! I used only half of the floral foam brick, but you can use the whole brick if you want to make it larger.
- Tissue paper to make tissue paper flowers. To make one flower I used 2 sheets of red, 2 sheets of white and 2 sheets of blue tissue paper. I cut the tissue paper in half because I did not want huge flowers. These flowers are super easy to make. Go to You Tube – there are several tutorials. Easy-Peasy!
- Small table top American flags
- Patriotic Horns or other patriotic stuff you may have
- Centerpiece Insert that looks like fireworks….they are at party stores in every color (see picture)
- Dried flowers (optional)
Start with the floral foam and cut a round circle with a spoon.The foam cuts very easily so this is not hard. This is where you you place your fireworks centerpiece. This the center of your centerpiece. You start layering in your patriotic items, horns and flags anywhere you wish. Then add the tissue paper flowers. They should be big enough to cover the floral foam, so you will not need anything else to sit it on. It goes right on the table.
I also made a few coffee filter roses for interest, but you really don’t need them for this project.
The final step in this centerpiece was to insert some dried flowers and some ribbon. I made a bow, of course! There should not be any empty spots.
“D” for done! The best part is that this idea can be used for other occasions. Customize this for a baby shower in blue or pink, a birthday party in many colors or even a budget wedding.You can make these ahead of time and not stress about fresh flowers on a hot day.
This is Fast, Fun & best of all….. Simple, Stunning & Stylish!
Have a wonderful 4th of July in this wonderful country, the United States of America! Land of the Free because of the Brave.